#1 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Locationnot kugutsumen.com

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

Me and a couple of rl buddies are going to try to start some gaming sessions trough skype but are looking for a few more people. we are currently with four of us  so at least one more would be great. We feel like doing something really nerdy ones or twice a month but unfortionly the rest of our mates are lamers who don't want to play so we figur doing it over Skype and try the internet.

Couple of us have some experince but it has been like 15 years since we played.

Also due to timezone gayness euros are preffered (we wanne play at night and get drunk)

#2 larowin

larowin

new 2 blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5332 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

What edition?

pugnax.gif

#3 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:48 PM

Probebly start at Advanced D&D 2e we got those books and bunch of premade campaign thingies. If things go well we will expand but since most if not all will be doing this for the first time we figured starting basic would be best.

#4 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

2e is not basic in my opinion. Just obtain the pdf 3.5e books from the internets. As long as you use the core rulebook and DM guide, you are golden. Less "angry neckbeard" moments as i feel the rules are less obtuse.

#5 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for the tip I will deflently check it out, we just figured this one because at least a couple people know it.

#6 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:20 PM

Always helps to know the system. However, Newbros to the table will have that "what's going on here" look the whole time they wrap their heads around ~to hit armor class zero~ THAC0. Seriously, why make an armor class system that deals in negative figures ?

#7 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

http://www.aegisoft....dbook [OEF].pdf

that be the one?

#8 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

That's the one. It will make constant refrences to the DM guide and Monster Manual, consider those as well. If you are DM, you should at least learn the class basics. In 3.5e if your players know the rules better than you.... interesting things happen.

#9 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

Now people just need to care

Q_Q

#10 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:35 PM

Lol. I would if it wasn't for the sad fact that I am a yank.

#11 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

unless you have problems with getting drunk during the middle of the day we dont mind hue hue hue

#12 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

I don't, however, my job likley does... I KNOW, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK??

#13 Don Peyote

Don Peyote

why not rub off now and in the shower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4152 posts
  • Locationa hell of my own making

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

i might play if i have the time m8 ~~:unsmith:

a few of us played numenera for one glorious campaign (rip) and id like to do more pen and paper stuff

[21:41:43] <<pitts>> theres no reason for me to be a shill when apple sells itself

#14 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

you pricks should be able to have a hour or two spare some saterday or sunday dont lie :colbert:

#15 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

Weekends are good. I'm usually drunk by 4 on friday, and not sober till.... erm... 3 on friday.

#16 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

Sounds good to me.

#17 larowin

larowin

new 2 blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5332 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

I gotta advise against 2e as well unless you really know it and love it. The basic 5e rules are free, and IMO really awesome. Depends a lot on whether you like your dnd hack and slash explory or heavy role playing court intrigue mystery solving.

Of course the best dnd is the dnd you and your friends like to play, yadda yadda, edition wars, *cough* 3.5 sucks ass *cough.

pugnax.gif

#18 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:54 PM

I couldn't agree more. I just wasn't going to bring up 5e since he was going full on Ad&d. 5e, or NEXT is some good rules from what I have seen. Pathfinder is also sweet.

#19 Don Peyote

Don Peyote

why not rub off now and in the shower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4152 posts
  • Locationa hell of my own making

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:03 PM

you pricks should be able to have a hour or two spare some saterday or sunday dont lie :colbert:

i always have time to spare the problem is that i have so much vapid crap filling it its hard to find space for other vapid crap

[21:41:43] <<pitts>> theres no reason for me to be a shill when apple sells itself

#20 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

I gotta advise against 2e as well unless you really know it and love it. The basic 5e rules are free, and IMO really awesome. Depends a lot on whether you like your dnd hack and slash explory or heavy role playing court intrigue mystery solving.

Of course the best dnd is the dnd you and your friends like to play, yadda yadda, edition wars, *cough* 3.5 sucks ass *cough.

I couldn't agree more. I just wasn't going to bring up 5e since he was going full on Ad&d. 5e, or NEXT is some good rules from what I have seen. Pathfinder is also sweet.

well as it seems we never played the advanced version any way, my mate has the hard cover of 3.5 at home so I guess we used to play that. Dunno what I got the advanced shit from but it has been over a decade so meh.

i always have time to spare the problem is that i have so much vapid crap filling it its hard to find space for other vapid crap

you will always be my bff dont worry

#21 Ingen

Ingen

Товарищ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14763 posts
  • LocationThe Trashcan

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

My friends and I still play 3.5 because we have all the books and whatever.  It's not prefect but I'd much rather it than 2e.  5th Ed looks really cool but I haven't played it yet.

공산주의가 이길 것이다.

#22 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

From what I have seen 5e takes some good rules from 3.5e, sprinkled with some choice bits of 4e. (I know, 4e is aids)

#23 larowin

larowin

new 2 blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5332 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

4e owns for set piece fights and for designing adventures. It trades amazing tactics for railroading players. Can be a really good time if you play it for it's strengths.

It sucks for the same reason 3.5 sucks, and the same reason 5e will eventually suck. Bloat. This is the same reason MTG sucks. Wizards sucks.

pugnax.gif

#24 larowin

larowin

new 2 blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5332 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

Source: I've played the shit out of pretty much every edition.

pugnax.gif

#25 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

My wife has bought all the 3.5e books..... bloat is a kind word for it. You can fund a space agency for the price of 3.5e total collection.

#26 Ingen

Ingen

Товарищ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14763 posts
  • LocationThe Trashcan

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

What makes 5e good is that it's got more in common with Shadowrun than with D&D 3.5.  By which I mean, instead of leveling progressions that lead to absurd, game-breaking characters and no fun arms races, by putting caps on shit the game actually works.

공산주의가 이길 것이다.

#27 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

Also; I feel this thread is making my neckbeard grow, but I can't stop nerding it up.

#28 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

Did they at least keep psionics out of 5e?

#29 larowin

larowin

new 2 blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5332 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

Give it a few months.

pugnax.gif

#30 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:02 AM

Great, so not looking forward to that. :psyduck:

#31 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

http://feuros.com/D...uide I v3.5.pdf

would that be the right GM manuel to use? We will be having our first session pretty soon and as luckely some more rl folks aplied we will be doing it with out skype for now.

#32 Maqari

Maqari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationShittydelphia

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:39 AM

I'd be down to join  you, if you are still looking for more nerds.  I'm amriikan but late weekends work.

#33 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

We are always open for more. I hope that in about a week or two I have worked out more of the details with my mates here so I can be less vague and that we can make a list about people contact details etc

#34 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

Me and some rl mates came together yesterday but unfortionly 2 already ended up cancelling last minute and the third was whining that he preferes 1 hour sessions (like wot?). Me and a mate helped the others roll their character but since we were only with four total including me and one had to leave after 2 hours so we did not play.

Terrible begining but one I kinda expected knowing my mates and how useless they can be.

I am going to make one more attempt and try and organise a gaming session in the next couple weeks, but from the 6 people who were suposedly be excited about this fenture only 3 actually make the effort and free up time for this and done half ass it.

Is it wrong of me to say I cant be arsed spending time on the making of a campaign/story if people cant be willing to spend more then a hour playing or keep bailing out last minute?!?

Maybe its just me being buthurt

#35 Wusti

Wusti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationStraya Mate

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

Keep your chin up Stronke, if anyone can get a group together I'm sure you can buddy.

0yaI877.gif

#36 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:07 PM

Keep your chin up Stronke, if anyone can get a group together I'm sure you can buddy.

cheers, it is what I origionally expected to happen wich is why I wanted to try it over Skype.

If the people interested could pm me there contact details for skype we will get everyone added for our session next month.

#37 Wusti

Wusti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationStraya Mate

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:55 AM

Any flexibility on timing? I haven't played D&D for 20 years :P

0yaI877.gif

#38 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:35 PM

Right on, images of d&d pvp, this must happen.

#39 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

Any flexibility on timing? I haven't played D&D for 20 years :P

Yes, as it looks now we will do it fridays or saterdays, although I think either a saterday or sunday would work best as everyone should have weekend then.

We play the 3.5 addition and so far tpeople rolled a rogue, monk and a ranger, tho any class is welcome.

http://www.aegisoft....dbook [OEF].pdf

hp is max and dont need to be rolled, everything else is rolled. For str etc roll 4d6 and remove the lowest.

If you are going to play let me know what you have rolled so I can start making sub stories for you and and create some perks that you can unlock in verious places.

#40 Ingen

Ingen

Товарищ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14763 posts
  • LocationThe Trashcan

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

Oh man rolling stats. That takes me back.  I've done point systems for so long.  I do miss the randomness, though it really sucked to want to play a class that needs to have a good stat spread (e.g. cleric) and just get shit rolls.

공산주의가 이길 것이다.

#41 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

Oh man rolling stats. That takes me back.  I've done point systems for so long.  I do miss the randomness, though it really sucked to want to play a class that needs to have a good stat spread (e.g. cleric) and just get shit rolls.

You get two attempts to roll for your stats, I opted the point system to but two already made their characters using rolls so i figured it would of been fairer if the rest did to.

But since its all about fun with d&d if one is really so terrible and rolling nothing but dubble snake eyes he or she can use the point system. Altho it should not really be a problem, as no one needed their second attempt yet.

#42 larowin

larowin

new 2 blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5332 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:38 PM

when i dm we roll stats, in order, but make two characters to pick from.

pugnax.gif

#43 Lazy Eagle

Lazy Eagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLowsex

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

That feeling, not rolling a single stat over 13. :flaccid:

#44 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

10 16 16 17 15 11

Human wizard going mystic theurge

:smug:

#45 Ingen

Ingen

Товарищ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14763 posts
  • LocationThe Trashcan

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

Combined caster prestige classes are so much fun.  Can suck early on when your spell progression blows, but later on it's way too much always having the right spell, never running out.

Those are pretty retarded stats.

공산주의가 이길 것이다.

#46 larowin

larowin

new 2 blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5332 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:26 AM

Prestige classes killed dnd. :colbert:

pugnax.gif

#47 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

Combined caster prestige classes are so much fun.  Can suck early on when your spell progression blows, but later on it's way too much always having the right spell, never running out.

Sadly I won't ever be able to play one as I am most likely the only DM of the group. Q_Q

Those are pretty retarded stats.

Haters gonna' hate

Prestige classes killed dnd. :colbert:

I disagree I think it adds a lot more rp value as it gives greater variety in the classes and play styles.

#48 Ingen

Ingen

Товарищ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14763 posts
  • LocationThe Trashcan

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

every game I've ever DMed or played in, the DM always stuck an NPC with the party and thus gets to have a part to play in all that stuff (though of course the DM should always make such a character more passive, let the players dictate the direction).  Like in my current game, the party are sent up into the frozen wilderness and I've got an NPC who's their guide.  I usually make those characters straightforward and simple in terms of combat, because you sort of have to play dumb in combat since you're at that point basically on both sides.

공산주의가 이길 것이다.

#49 stronke

stronke

kugu refugee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

That is actually pretty cool but I doubt I will be doing something like that as I am just to in experianced with DMing so I should just focus on that for now but ill keep it in mind for the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users